Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice who will be responsible for a variety of Caterpillar equipment repair functions within a service-oriented environment, based out of the Finning Regina location.
This position will work a continuous 7x7 day shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and have started your Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for.
Major Job Functions:
- Assist with troubleshoot, maintenance and repair of Caterpillar equipment
- Assist with a variety of shop repairs and diagnostics as required
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Must be a 2nd year heavy equipment technician
- Willing to work towards Heavy Equipment Technician Certification.
- Successfully meet Finning’s educational and testing prerequisites. This includes:
- Completion of grade 12 (not including a general equivalent diploma)
- Highly motivated and mechanically inclined
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous Caterpillar experience and basic computer skills
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.