At Peterson, we partner with our customers to build the future. For over 85 years, our peoples’ work has shaped the communities where we live, where we raise our families, and where we thrive. Peterson’s legacy permeates every aspect of our communities. From roads and bridges, back-up power at hospitals, fire-fighting, concerts and moving goods; we are everywhere you look. At Peterson, you don’t just have a career, you have a purpose.
Our family-oriented environment is built on safety, winning, growth, and professional achievement. Hiring and developing exceptional people is critical to our continued success. We have high standards for a good reason: our people represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values.
You have high expectations too. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and want your work to matter. Peterson offers competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family-owned and operated business. It’s time to use your skills and passion to do work that matters!
Peterson Cat has a need for an experienced Accounting Inventory Clerk at our San Leandro, CA location.
Working under general supervision, performs clerical accounting functions where some judgment and independent action is required. Primarily works under guidance of general accounting personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign the functions to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Job functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Prepare vendor Accounts Payable, primarily for inventory-related costs.
· Match approved purchase orders with vendor billings/invoices; prepare data for processing payment.
· Compile and post transactions, to both the Transaction Register and into the A/P System, to designated accounts. These high dollar transactions affect the company assets and inventory valuation.
· Maintain Accounting filing systems (hard copy and soft copy) as needed.
· Place and respond to internal and external phone calls; process correspondence as required.
· Perform related duties and functions as required by the general accountants of three separate companies. Each Company requires different entry/handling methods.
· Identify and Reconcile Customer Account Discrepancies.
· Maintain/update procedures for assigned accounting function.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Peterson Holding Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”