Ag Equipment Sales Professional –Sidney, MT
Butler Ag Equipment, a division of Butler Machinery Company, is opening a new dealership location in Sidney, MT. We are looking for an outgoing, energetic, customer-driven sales professional to join our winning team and help us grow our business in this new territory. If you have a passion for the agriculture industry, enjoy working independently but still in a team environment, and are eager to continue learning and advancing throughout your career, you will be right at home with our team at Butler. In this role you’ll manage an assigned territory of customers and prospects with the support of your parts and service departments and your teammates at the Corporate Office. With a career at Butler Ag, you’ll have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally with a 66-year old, family-owned company that values developing the leadership abilities within every employee and promoting from within.
Our ideal future teammate values great relationships with everyone in the company, is customer-driven, strives for excellence every day, has high levels of integrity and accountability and focuses on safety in everything he/she does.
The continued success of Butler is dependent upon a team that believes in our company’s mission, lives our culture by demonstrating our values every day and is hungry to grow their careers alongside our growing business.
Learn more about a sales career at Butler by visiting https://butlerag.com/sales-careers/.
Sales Professional Responsibilities:
- Introduce and promote Butler Ag Equipment and our products in a new territory.
- Build and maintain strong personal relationships with customers focusing on long term mutual growth by becoming their primary point-of-contact at the dealership.
- Promote and sell new and used ag equipment, as well as our rental equipment solutions.
- Deliver and demonstrate equipment features and benefits and communicate their value to customers in the field or in a remote setting.
- Inspect and appraise potential equipment trade-ins.
- Provide customers with real solutions to meet their needs based on your understanding of how our products and services bring value to their operation.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Promote Butler’s product support offerings, including parts and service.
- Build customer loyalty by following up on service or parts transactions, ensuring all inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Participate in and contribute to training and obtain required vendor certifications as requested.
- Meet with your coworkers and management to present and overcome obstacles, learn new skills and grow professionally.
- Maintain accurate customer and equipment population information in our systems.
- Complete and process all documentation and paperwork including relevant customer interactions.
- Be guided by Butler’s mission statement and core values in everything you do.
Sales Professional Qualifications:
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn local producer practices and Ag industry
- Previous sales experience and knowledge of ag equipment preferred
- Knowledge of AGCO, CLAAS and Horsch equipment and related, competitive product lines preferred
- Ability to understand and communicate basic financing with customers
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent self-motivation and personal accountability skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record
- CDL is preferred or willingness to obtain within 90 days
- Pre-employment drug testing is conducted
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Montana. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued growth and success. If you have a desire to grow your career with our team, here are just some things we offer in our full benefits package:
- 10% Annual Retirement Plan Contribution, with Additional 5% Discretionary (with No Annual Contribution from you Required)
- Bonus Opportunities
- Company Vehicle for Business and Personal Use
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid holidays
- Maternity Benefit
- Paid Time Off (PTO)