Resident Ag Equipment Sales Professional- South Central SD
Territory is Gregory, Charles Mix and Douglas Counties
Will report to Pierre Branch
Do you want to sell industry leading Ag Equipment like FENDT, CLAAS, MASSEY FERGUSON, VERMEER, HORSCH and CATERPILLAR?
You have the opportunity to receive up to 15% of your total earnings in your pension/retirement plan from your employer without any contributions of your own.
Would you like your own company paid vehicle for business and personal use?
The Ag Business is booming in South Dakota and we are looking for a Customer Driven individual to join our Sales Team. If you have a passion for agriculture, enjoy working independently within a team environment, and like a fast-paced work environment, you will be right at home with our team at Butler Machinery. As an Ag Equipment Sales Professional, you will manage an assigned group of retailers and growers with expectations to grow market share in this territory. Your equipment sales efforts will be supported by a team of Parts and Service professionals at the Pierre, SD location. You will also be working with our Corporate Support Team and Manufacturer Reps to ensure you are successful with your sales performance goals.
The Ag Equipment Sales Professional position offers first-year salary potential of up to $55,000 with significant commission opportunities! We have a generous pension plan with 10% guaranteed and up to 5% discretionary provided by the company annually once eligibility is met with no minimum required contributions out of your pocket. The company vehicle provided to you can be used for business and personal use. You travel to Butler locations via the company private plan for such things as training, meetings and customer events.
This sales territory covers Gregory, Charles Mix and Douglas Counties in Central South Dakota The preference would be for the candidate to live in or near this territory while reporting to the Store Manager at our Pierre, SD Location. Pierre is in Hughes County and is one of the best places to live in South Dakota as well as having the best public school system in the state. The high school holds the distinction of being 5 time high school state football champions, with back to back titles the last 4 years. As the capital city of South Dakota, Pierre offers many recreational opportunities with its close proximity to the Missouri river and lakes.
High Quality of Life. Low Cost of Living.
• #2 best state for overall well-being and happiness (MagnifyMoney 2018)
• #1 best state to grow old (Caring.com)
• #2 state for quality of life (US News)
• Affordable housing and premium healthcare with low traffic, congestion, and crime.
• SD has no state income tax.
• Build and maintain relationships with Ag Producers, professional applicators and cooperatives.
• Sell new and used application equipment.
• Promote Butler’s entire line-up of agriculture equipment to applicators and cooperatives in the appropriate states.
• Promote Butler’s product support offerings, including parts and service.
• Promote Butler’s Product Support Center.
• Generate sales leads for other sales teammates.
• Coordinate with Butler’s service department to service equipment when issues arise.
• Communicate with Butler’s technical communicators and managers to help identify equipment issues during the Pre-Delivery Inspection and when equipment is in the field.
• Participate in corporate meetings, training store meetings, customer care clinics, appreciation breakfasts, shows and other company events.
• Conduct machine demonstrations including proper qualifications and spec knowledge.
• Communicate through email to keep record of issues until they are resolved.
• Build and maintain relationships with national accounts to grow business.
• Ability to handle a flexible schedule and remain accessible to customers outside of normal business hours.
• Be guided by Butler’s mission statement and core values in everything you do.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in Agriculture application field or related field required.
• Energetic, positive attitude and self-motivated
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills
• Ability to understand and communicate basic financing with customers
• Computer experience with Microsoft Office
• Previous sales experience and knowledge of application equipment preferred
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
• Must have and maintain a clean driving record
Butler Machinery is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for North Dakota and South Dakota with 16 locations in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana. Butler Ag Equipment has 4 locations in Nebraska. Butler offers Caterpillar products and services to support the construction and Ag industry and is proud to represent many manufacturers including: FENDT, AGCO, Drago, Challenger, Horsch, Killbros, Balzer and more.
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. As an Application Sales Professional, here are some things we offer in our full benefits package:
• Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
• Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Plan
• Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
• AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
• Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
• Maternity Benefit
• Holidays – 7 days company paid
• Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 401(K) Plan
• 10% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution, with Additional 5% Discretionary Employer Contribution
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
• SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
• Legal Shield/ID Shield products
• Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance.
• Company Vehicle
If a career as an Application Sales Professional aligns with your career ambitions, then please apply by visiting https://butlermachinery.com/sales/careers
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”