There is no better time to be part of the growing, dynamic world of agriculture – making the practice of farming more accurate and efficient. Butler Machinery is looking for an Ag Tech/Precision Farming Specialist, someone who can become our “expert” in all things agriculture. Our Ag Tech/Precision Farming Specialist will do equipment demonstrations and deliveries, drive sales, and provide technical assistance as well as training of all Ag product lines and Precision Ag products. Be our advocate in driving the adoption of Precision Ag for our growers and providing the premium line of ag equipment offered by Butler Machinery. Don’t wait, apply today!
Our ideal future teammate values great relationships with everyone in the company, is customer-driven, strives for excellence every day, has high levels of integrity and accountability and focuses on safety in everything he/she does. The continued success of our business is dependent upon a team that believes in our company mission, demonstrates our values every day and is hungry to grow their careers.
Customer interaction is a huge part of this position. Customer service doesn’t stop once we make the sale, it will continue long afterwards. It is important to the company to ensure you are available for customer questions no matter the way they need to get a hold of you.
- Works with the sales force and management to act as a resource for the promotion of the technology portfolio of products.
- Conducts presentations to demonstrate and promote the sale of advanced agriculture technology with customers, at stores, coops and schools.
- Develops sales activities and documents activities in Sales Link.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of agriculture technology products and those of our competitors.
- Attends annual sales meetings and store sales meetings as directed or needed.
- Provides input for marketing and advertising campaigns for the year.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Butler Machinery. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrations and deliveries of all Ag product lines.
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment in the field.
- Is responsible for the training of all new and existing Ag equipment and technology for customers and associates.
- Sets up Ag shows.
- Contacts customers to ensure satisfaction with products after delivery.
- Assists the Ag Sales people in demos of Ag equipment demos and deliveries.
- Conducts technology service training in the off season.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good customer relations and communication skills – both written and verbal are essential
- Working knowledge of the local agriculture industry and equipment. Trimble experience is desired.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite Software (Excel, Word, Access, Internet, etc.).
- Able (and qualified) to drive Butler Machinery provided vehicle.
- Ability to operate agricultural equipment for the purpose of demonstration and training
- Time management and presentation skills are required
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge of competitive machines and precision Ag machinery
- Ability to travel up to 60%
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Nebraska. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. If you desire to start your career with our team, here are some things we offer within our full benefits package:
- Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Company Vehicle
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(K) Plan
- 10% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution, with Additional 5% Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products
- Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance.