The Assistant Controller has the responsibility of cross-training with the Controller and being a back-up resource for managing the department in the Controller’s absence. Additionally, the Assistant Controller will directly manage the Accounts Payable function on a day to day basis. Responsibilities also include preparing and/or reviewing financial statements, and presenting financial statement results to members of management, preparing and/or reviewing reconciliations and analyzing general ledger accounts, and preparing or reviewing journal entries.
Working independently, the Assistant Controller must have the ability to perform multiple tasks while producing a high volume of work with accuracy. A sense of urgency and high attention to detail are required for this position. Must demonstrate initiative, strong organizational skills, dependability, diligence, commitment to teamwork, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner.
· Manage the Accounts Payable department
· Full back-up to the Controller
· Strong understanding of GAAP and Caterpillar reporting requirements (DFRS)
· Prepare and/or review financial statements and other reports monthly, quarterly, annually
· Prepare and/or review monthly and annual general ledger account reconciliations and analysis
· Prepare and/or review journal entries as needed
· Coordinate preparation of schedules for external auditors and assist with the annual financial statement audit and other requests from the company’s outside accounting firm
· Prepare financial analyses and present to management
· Serve as a resource to answer questions from other employees in the company related to the financial statements and general ledger activity
· Become proficient in all of the company’s software systems including but not limited to Microsoft Dynamics AX, Targit, and SharePoint
· Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet recurring deadlines
· Execute all tasks with a high degree of accuracy
· Assist with special projects as needed and other tasks as assigned by management
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Certified Public Acct
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”