Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Business Analyst in Aurora, CO.
The Business Analyst is responsible to elicit, analyze, document, and validate the needs of project stakeholders and assists in Project Management with stakeholders and Wagner IT Development in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.” This Analyst is a liaison for stakeholders to understand structure, policies, and operations of the organization and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Project Management
- Requirements Gathering
- Primarily responsible for eliciting, developing, documenting and maintaining process and software requirements to meet the needs of the business users.
- Engage in Company initiatives and other software requests requiring IT assistance with effective communication
- Collaborate with Wagner IT Development on forms, policies, procedures needed to ensure adequate project definitions, expectations, requirements are gathered and documented accurately and efficiently
- Participate in various meetings, as needed
- Prepare and conduct project and task updates, as needed
- Ensure adequate and positive communications between staff and internal business partners
- Participate with staff/internal business partners to ensure adequate project definitions/expectations
- Communicates and works with IT Dev to improve quality, response time regarding the requests and services being delivered.
- Assists in integration and testing of new solutions via UAT management and applicable use cases.
- Documents user functional requirements for scope of work.
- Constructs workflow charts and diagrams
- Identifies and documents existing system pain points – for next version/maintenance cycle analysis
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions
- Creates product gap analysis and evaluates build vs. buy opportunities
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Familiarity in relevant languages including C# .Net and others as needed
- Familiarity with Database concepts and structures
- Familiarity with general API concepts.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system
- Recommend/maintain roadmap of future development needs
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Judgement Skills
- Planning and Project Management
- Skilled in working within a team-oriented environment
- Understands business concepts and operational metrics
- Understands elicitation, project management, and liaison skills
- Understands database design and data integrity concepts
- Basic knowledge of DBS, CRM/Sales Link, and ET/SIS/SIS Web/STW
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing but may require occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years administrative/clerical experience
- 5+ years customer service experience
- 1-3 years sales experience
- 1-3 years supervisory/management experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: $49,871 - $68,576 Annually
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.