This is intended to be a Full Time position
Supports the dealership’s strategic goals by applying analysis and data visualization techniques to improve decision making. Will work with stakeholders throughout the company to identify business needs and transform them into successful analytic and reporting solutions.
Support the strategic direction of the organization and the division. Consistently demonstrate Cashman Equipment’s Core Values (Communicators, Accountable, Safe, Honest, Mentors, Adaptable, and Now-Right Now) in the performance of one’s functions and responsibilities while promoting and enhancing customer satisfaction, market dominance, and profitability.
- Collaborate with our business units to leverage existing data, deliver data visualizations, and create analytical reports.
- Effectively communicate data methodology and present results to our diverse set of stakeholders.
- Offer critical insights and pinpoint areas of opportunity by providing stakeholders with performance results, trends, and projections.
- Act as a trusted advisor across company divisions to help users translate numbers into actionable business strategy.
- Provide data that is accurate, consistent, and reliable and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
- Collaborate with other analysts and stakeholders to improve data quality and establish standard data definitions and best practices.
- Keep manager and stakeholders informed about projects and data analysis activities on a regular basis.
- Support internal analytics teams through knowledge sharing, skill development, and providing technical assistance when needed.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional data analysis, dashboard creation, and visualization skills.
- Experience with gathering requirements and translating into analytic solutions.
- Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious.
- Willingness to question the accuracy of data and assumptions.
- Hands-on experience in handling large data sets.
- Proven skills in producing easy-to-understand reports summarizing data analysis findings.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Comfortable interacting with people across all levels of the organization.
- Team player who proactively looks for ways to support other teams in their use and understanding of our data and tools.
- Ability to set and manage priorities and expectations for individual responsibilities and tasks.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn and a passion for data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or other quantitative field. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role.
- Strong experience with BI tools is required, with Tableau strongly preferred.
- Experience with SQL and advanced Excel skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours in a day. Sit 6-7 hours in a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat and climb.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with occasional exposure to shop and warehouse environment.
Shop/warehouse environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt and noise.
Field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust and dirt.
Valid Nevada State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.