The Demand Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the equipment and attachment supply chain for Carolina CAT. Develop collaborative demand plans that support the industry and sales strategies for Carolina CAT and continue focus on process improvements for supply chain strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and guide the development of financial and inventory flow plans that support company sales, turns, and margin objections using forecast analytic tools
- Align efforts across operations and sales to collaborate an effective sales forecast and planning to support industry and customer trends
- Facilitate monthly sales and operations meetings focusing on new product introduction, stock outs, new orders, and forecast trends
- Communicate clearly and proactively with sales management and leadership to guarantee visibility to inventory strategy and known problems within the supply chain
- Represent team in product discussions with internal and external stakeholders, using data analytics to support complex problems and present various solution opportunities
- Maintain Dealer Planning Application tool throughout the various monthly cycles for forecasting
- Report monthly sales pipeline to stakeholders and maintain dashboards and predict monthly outcomes based on the sales pipeline
- Attend monthly sales and operations reviews with external business partners and actively participate in velocity advisory meetings
- Maintain online pricing for ecommerce websites
- Manage team of sales coordinators responsible for maintaining inventory across the region and working with internal business partners that machines and tools are delivered on time and on budget
- Conduct weekly review meetings with equipment coordination team to prioritize sold equipment and address business roadblocks and create a team solution environment
- Ensure equipment configurations are maintained and updated in all systems by machines coordination team
- Embrace continuous improvement techniques to improve inventory metrics such as turns, forecast accuracy and over stock inventory
- Adhere to all customer care standards
- Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing or Supply Chain
- Three to five years of similar experience required.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products, especially Excel, or other comparable systems required.
- Forecast Pro and or forecasting tools
- Smartsheets and or workflow programs
- Organizational and decision-making
- Facilitator skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as price pages and understand service procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee may be lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.