Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a part time Class D Technician in Albuquerque, NM.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
Under direct supervision, the Class D Technician is responsible for assisting in the repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintenance of customer and company heavy equipment and/or components in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.”
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports and turns them in on time
- Correctly charges work to appropriate work order segments
- Communicates effectively with Service Writer, Shop Coordinators and Shop Managers to ensure problems, nature of repair, and status of repairs are understood and followed up on
- Works in a cooperative manner with other team members to accomplish the goals of the shop and the company
- Organize and maintain staging areas
- Prepares, inspects, and operates machines prior to delivery
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts
- Steam clean incoming components and stage for technicians to tear down
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components
- Unload washed piece parts from large washers and delivers to technicians
- Wash, tag, and stage shipping stands for technicians and retrieve parts when needed
- Sandblasts, cleans, scrapes and prepares parts for reusability and or reconditioning
- Performs general shop clean-up duties and maintains a clean and organized work area
- Uses safe working practices and follows all company safety requirements
- Operates forklifts and cranes
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Career-minded, reliable with a desire to learn and develop a career in the heavy equipment industry
- Noise: Loud
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Use of Hands
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes carrying, lifting and/or moving objects up to 100 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Rate: Starting at $15.50 per hour
Pay rate is dependent on education and experience.
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.