Represent Dealer Parts and Service Departments in a sales capacity for the assigned territory, Somerset and Altoona area to promote and sell parts products, Dealer services, and Product Support solutions as directed and managed by the Product Support Sales Manager. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The PSSR will proactively manage an account base of 50 to 80 customers in an assigned territory
- Apply good time and territory management practices while implementing a coverage plan
- Perform basic machine inspections to generate opportunity for customer interaction and sales
- Follow up on sales leads
- Prospect for new customers and new parts/service revenue sources
- Build collaborative relationships and ensure business integrity is maintained
- Sell parts, service, condition monitoring, PM products, customer support agreements (CSAs), MARCs, and other Dealer services to customers within a specified territory
- Employ a "consultative selling" approach to identify and manage customer expectations
- Keep customers informed of parts order and service work status
- Counsel customers regarding equipment management solutions (EMS) to affect lowest owning and operating costs.
- Negotiate win-win outcomes to customer issues
- Use Dealer Business System information (DBS or ERP) and Product Tracking Opportunity System (PTOS) to manage sales opportunities within a territory
- Maintain accurate customer equipment information within DBS or ERP system
- Identify and report on incremental opportunities for future sales both within Product Support as well as other areas of the Dealership
- Report competitive parts, service, and machine information and activity
- Provide input/information into planning and budgeting process
- Support new product introduction (NPI)
- Understand parts, service, and machine performance literature and how to use the Service Information System (SIS)
- Prepare quotes, sales contracts, and related paperwork necessary to close a deal
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College or technical degree preferred; however, at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent; or three to four years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Technical English language skills required. Ability to write routine reports and effective correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, Internet software, order processing systems, and contact management systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, heavy machinery and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation. Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat, and climb; including ability to ascend and descend machine ladders.
Ongoing process encompassing goal setting and setting attainable monthly and yearly objectives intended to reinforce continuous improvement and achievement toward company goals. The PSSR is expected to complete the Dealership's PSSR training program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”