Technical Communicator (Construction) - Corporate
Are you self-motivated, forward-thinking and a team player? If you are, we would love for you to join our team. This position requires experience with construction equipment. Take the first step toward advancing your career goals by applying for the Technical Communicator position. Butler Machinery is a family owned company that offers fantastic benefits!
We have a generous pension plan with 10% guaranteed and up to 5% discretionary provided by the company annually once eligibility is met, with no minimum required contributions out of your pocket. You travel to Butler locations via the company private airplane for such things as training, meetings and customer events. This position is also eligible for our Bonus Incentive Plan.
- Provides technical support for construction products to BMC Service and Sales departments via telephone, computer, and in person. Provides guidance in troubleshooting and finding solutions to machine problems.
- Assist in development of internal support documentation for related products.
- Maintain an internal library of support documentation for supported products.
- Maintains knowledge of product health regarding construction equipment within our territory.
- Communicates and logs technical and operational issues to manufacturers, seeking resolution.
- Assists in on-site troubleshooting and repairs when required.
- Assist with the support of asset management systems (Product Link).
- Coordinates technology updates and completion rates.
- Performs customer and BMC training sessions.
- Assists Warranty department on warranty claim questions.
- Distributes early information from manufacturers in regards to product.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good customer relations and communication skills – both written and verbal are essential.
- Time management and presentation skills are required.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of BMC supported Construction manufacturers including Caterpillar.
- Construction equipment knowledge and experience is essential.
- Strong ability to read, understand, and explain Caterpillar electrical/hydraulic schematics and system operations.
- Proficiency using Caterpillar’s Service Information System (SIS2) to find parts and service information along with guiding users on the use of SIS2.
- Knowledge in the installation, functionality and use of Caterpillar’s Product Link.
- Knowledge in the integration of BMC’s VRS and third party radios with Caterpillar Machine Control systems.
- Knowledge in Caterpillar’s Payload Control System and Caterpillar’s Production Management Systems.
- Knowledge of non-factory Trimble machine control systems.
- Knowledge of the Trimble Earthworks Grade Control Platform and legacy systems including site files.
- Knowledge in the functionality and use of Trimble Total Station to support the installation and repair of machine control systems.
- Knowledge of factory installed Cat Grade Control (CGC) systems and remote control systems.
- A field related two-year degree or equivalent experience and training preferred.
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Nebraska. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. If you desire to grow a career with our team, here are some things we offer in our full benefits package:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Maternity Benefit
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(K) Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Personalized retirement planning, retirement bonuses, and length of service awards/recognition