SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State’s culture is based on passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a “play to win” organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an organization.
JOB SUMMARY: The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Data Specialist supports the dealership’s strategic goals by owning and administering the CRM System, while maintaining high-quality data. The position also supports and maintains databases and CRM systems and trains dealership staff on best practices for data collection and management. This position requires a motivated, innovative and experienced professional responsible for CRM data maintenance and quality activities.
- Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains clean/clutter free work areas to ensure safe environment for all WSECO employees.
- Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as identified in safety policy.
CRM Administration and Data Management
- Manages the customer database (CRM), processes, and any continuous improvements.
- Manages data quality to improve our contact and customer data integrity and associated metrics. Partners with internal customers and Caterpillar to manage inputs/resources and oversee the cleanliness and accuracy of prospect and customer data. Tracks and reports progress.
- Manages or supports import/export of data to/from existing CRM system of external data, e.g. marketing automation data, machine sales data, web form data, and prospect data.
- Assists in training staff across departments on using customer data systems to accurately capture data and ensure quality.
- Supports lead opportunity, including lead receipt, pre-qualification, distribution and tracking of leads, and program performance reporting.
- Achieves organization goals by exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Completes projects at the direction of the Director of Marketing or other designated managers within Western States.
- Safeguards the Cat and Western States brand identities as per established guidelines and expectations.
- Remains current in latest CRM/marketing trends and practices by seeking and participating in educational opportunities.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reporting and Analytics
- Prepares marketing reports and actions by collecting, summarizing data as requested. Continually improves reporting to increase understanding and bring greater value. Reports on data quality activities, sharing insights with the Marketing teams on a regular basis.
- Segments and extracts customer data for use in Marketing tactics. Assist digital marketing team by leveraging content and customer insights to support marketing efforts.
- Supports internal analytics teams by facilitating knowledge-sharing, skill development, and assisting with cross-departmental data integration.
- Supports marketing programs by managing lists and databases for prospecting opportunities. Track and report performance.
- Serves as an active team member of the marketing department in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans that support specific objectives. This would include having a clear understanding for the business objective/desired end-result, and analyzing data, competitor and market information to help target and shape marketing programs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM platforms, marketing techniques, marketing segmentation, and data analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate well with a variety of people and departments.
- Ability to independently set and manage priorities as well as stay organized while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong project management skills, with emphasis on consultative management and teamwork.
- Capability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Aptitude to work as a change agent and implement innovative solutions to related business problems/opportunities.
- Occasional overnight travel as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required. Marketing, Business, Communication or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ professional marketing or CRM Management experience preferred with a preference in the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive industries.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English), Spanish would be a plus.
- Frequent walking, standing, driving, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, climbing, twisting and leaning required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.