TEAM UP WITH US!
The Director of Product Support Sales is responsible for leading a team through the strategic and tactical implementation of sales plans, marketing strategies, sales training, territory development, market analysis, and opportunity management.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Leads the Product Support Sales department operations including the identification, development, and implementation of sound business practices and processes.
· Ensures the dealership’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with the organization’s values, vision, and mission.
· Leads and manages on-going relationships with key Caterpillar personnel and other suppliers.
· Manages recruiting, staffing, and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position.
· Ensures appropriate communications to the Executive Management Team and the entire organization.
· Oversees the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical assets, employment decisions, and financial resources to fulfill the stakeholders’ expectations.
· Sets the financial direction for the department utilizing annual budgets and ensures financial stability through audits and internal controls.
· Develop and execute an annual business plan for the service division that includes growth strategies for all revenue streams, and repair maintenance services.
· Collaborate with Directors of Service, Parts Operations, and Integrated Services to develop and lead Product Support initiatives in the best interest of all stakeholders
· Collaborate with Rental and Prime Sales Managers to grow rental revenues and equipment sales.
· Works Directly with Caterpillar and other OEMs to establish short- and long-term goals and the associated action planning.
· Direct the planning, forecasting and executing sales activities that increases the Percentage of Parts Sales (POPS) in the territory, increases total parts sales volume (STUS), and increases labor sales volume (POLS) in the territory.
· Provides training to the sales representatives regarding selling skills/techniques, CAT product line, allied manufacturers and our competitors.
· Creates sales strategy plans by aligning annual opportunity with marketing and pay for performance resources.
· Work closely with General Managers to ensure all locations are following SOPs and supporting growth and business efficiencies.
· Reviews and analyzes territory coverage needs for inside sales staff, outside sales staff, and technology sales reps.
· Develop and lead strategies to maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
· Promote a culture of safety and positive employee engagement.
· Maintains proactive relationships with customers through completion of annual PAR schedule.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· General computer literacy a must.
· Valid Driver's License and Clean Driving Record.
WHY WORK WITH US?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Required travel up to 60%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”