Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Class A CDL Driver to haul heavy equipment in Colorado Springs, CO.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
*OVERTIME CURRENTLY AVAILABLE*
The Driver: Heavy position is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of equipment at customer sites and other branch locations in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.” This position is responsible for maintaining proper paperwork and ensuring a professional appearance with all vehicles in addition to being accountable for basic operational instruction to customers on the safe operation of all equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Completes and maintains daily truck log, accurately and completely. This includes fuel and mileage reports, IFTA paperwork and daily logs (Includes DOT logs), and relevant information regarding pick-ups, deliveries, and transfers
- Accurately manages day to day use and reporting of company provided fuel card
- Reports any unsafe conditions regarding the use of Rents equipment
- Ensures entire vehicle is clean and meets professional standards, such as DOT inspections
- Seeks ways to manage daily routine in the most effective and efficient manner. Works with the manager to implement agreed-upon changes
- Assists with the workload in other departments / branch areas when not busy doing regularly assigned tasks
- Meets the needs and requests of the customer in a professional and courteous manner
- Works closely with the Counter and Shop personnel to keep informed or to communicate any relevant information regarding company equipment
- Acts as an ambassador for the company, and promotes additional sales by explaining and suggesting other equipment and/or services offered. This may require that the employee gather additional knowledge and understanding of all products and services available within the company
- Conducts daily post-trip vehicle inspection as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Maintains vehicles to ensure safe conditions; includes daily inspections of tires, lights, signals, glass, etc. Vehicle fluids and tire air pressures must be checked and serviced daily
- Ensures vehicle is ready for next-day business; including fuel fills and pre-loads, whenever possible
- Learns and understands equipment thoroughly to ensure safe operations
- Demonstrates to customers how to operate the equipment being delivered to them in a safe and effective manner
- Inspects all equipment for damage at time of pick up. Documents findings and submits damage information to Rental Counter personnel upon return to the store or branch location
- Understands and complies with DOT Federal Motor Carrier regulations
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Driving “Rules of the Road” for the stat of employment
- Strong customer service skills
- Noise: Loud
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Small and/or enclosed spaces
- Early or late hours and/or weekends may be required
- Use of Hands
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 60 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years professional driving experience
- 3-5 years administrative/clerical experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
- 1-3 years working knowledge of construction equipment
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License (for state of employment)- CDL Class A tanker certified driver’s license
- Excellent driving record required (no DUI’s, suspensions, or DOT violations)
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: $20.00- $34.00 per hour
Pay rate is dependent upon education and experience
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.