Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
The Electric Power Account Manager is responsible for overall marketing influence, promotion, and execution of Caterpillar and complementary electric power generation equipment sales to End Customers, Utilities, Engineers, Contractors, and Developers.
* Maintain regular marketplace engagement and interaction with new and existing customers, consulting engineers, contractors, utilities, and developers to assist them in the assessment, evaluation, design, and support requirements of Fabick Cat and Caterpillar offered solutions for all power reliability/quality needs. Develop long-term relationships and loyalty to thereby position Fabick Cat/Caterpillar as their preferred solutions provider.
* Review, evaluate and determine customer-defined technical requirements to offer Fabick equipment and/or service solutions; including budgetary pricing, firm proposals, product specifications, drawings, performance and application data, product availability, and other application equipment features and benefits to the win business.
* Communicate and coordinate all project-related sales activities and opportunities with Fabick Power Systems (Management, Administration, Project Managers, Account Managers) along with Caterpillar as required to ensure appropriate levels of support and continuity of every opportunity thru to its successful sale execution.
* Maintain electronic records of all customer and sales-related activities, opportunities, and proposals on a shared network drive and other required software programs and report on such activities as required by management.
* Review and evaluate technical specifications or customer-defined requirements to prepare detailed cost estimates, including product support services for Caterpillar and vendor related equipment necessary to formulate a detailed customer proposal with defined scope and price, technical and commercial notes and qualifications along with product lead times, and Fabick Cat Terms and Conditions of Sale. Successfully negotiate details of customer contracts and payments, including preparation of all sales contracts and documentation.
* Identify prospective customers via marketing lists, business directories, internal and external leads from existing clients, participate in industry organizations and clubs, attending trade shows and conferences. Work in collaboration with Fabick Cat's Marketing Department to execute targeted sales marketing.
* Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales-related budgets, forecasting reports, sales records, and timely filing of business expense account reports.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar related technical field.
* Previous sales experience preferably in the Power Generation industry is preferred.
* Minimum 3 years of technical sales experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other business software applications.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: work in all types of weather (extreme heat and cold), climb up and down on huge equipment, travel > 50% of the time, lifting 50lbs or less, significant time spent working on a computer and traveling long distances. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled