Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for an EPG -Sales Representative in Aurora, CO.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The EPG Sales Representative generates revenue by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Caterpillar Engines and accessories to small and large customers and clients, as assigned in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.” Responsibilities include prospecting and closing accounts to achieve budgeted sales goals, developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth at target or greater profitability by selling to new and existing customers and pursuing, developing, and maintaining Electric Power Generation sales and service relationships with customers in a designated territory. The ideal candidate would have the ability to sell and engineer all aspects of Power System projects related to EPG Sales.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Completes all Sales paperwork and submits on time
- Competently uses Wagner CRM software
- Obtains accounting approvals during sales process to ensure the viability of customers
- Identifies strategic leads to grow and develop existing and new client relationships
- Consistently builds a client base, works a territory, and retains customers
- Networks with the local community to further penetrate the market and develops new sales leads to grow existing markets
- Achieves and surpasses revenue (sales) targets
- Effectively utilizes, coordinates, and cultivates relationships with internal and external customers
- Achieves or exceeds budgeted revenue goals for new business with industrial and hazardous waste customers in an assigned sales territory
- Maintains existing base business as well as identifies new streams and new base business customers
- Targets and closes event business opportunities
- Develops comprehensive sales plans for assigned territory in cunjunction with division sales plans and goals
- Ability to explain and sell CAT Connect and CAT Digital solutions. This includes ProductLink hardware, MyRam, Remote Fleet Vision, myCAT.com, parts.cat.com, and other CAT Digital Solutions as appropriate.
- Candidate must be willing and able to understand technical drawings and layouts
- Minimum knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems as it relates to Power System projects
- Ability to manage own projects and still allow time to sell
- Candidate must be involved in the entire sales process from start to finish to ensure the internal and external needs are met to achieve 100% customer satisfaction
- Effectively uses Wagner Power Systems sales productivity software tools (i.e. Sales Link, iMacs, CSQ, Pricing Tools, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and architectural drawings and schematics
- Attitude and ability to learn new skills
- Decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Access
- Basic knowledge of DBS
- Intermediate knowledge of CAD, CRM/Sales Link, Adobe Acrobat, and ACAD
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Noise: Loud
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Use of Hands
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, etc.
- Medium work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 32 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in electrical or mechanical engineering in the power generation field
- 3-5 years administrative/clerical experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
- 3-5 years sales experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: Base Salary + Commission
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.