TEAM UP WITH US!
The Electrical Engineer PSD is responsible for researching, developing, designing, and testing electrical components, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Application and Cat systems for customer facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
- Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Responsible for aiding in the design and quotation of company fabrication work.
- Preparation of technical proposals/submittals for customers as well as having the ability to discuss said proposals in detail when necessary.
- Material ordering for inside and outside shop projects.
- Offers technical support for customers and contractors via AutoCAD drawings, application and installation specifications, wiring diagrams, engineering plans/charts, etc.
- Develop bill of material for Caterpillar engines, generators and other major Power System project-related equipment. Materials such as UPS systems, controllers and transformers.
- Interaction with the company fabrication shop in both materials and design-instructions for engineered-projects.
- Establish project plans for projects and other company-related work.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within defined budget.
- Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others as needed.
- Pro-actively establish effective relationships and support others in achieving high performance.
- Demonstrate flexibility, and effective communication skills in their business interactions.
- Positively influence others rather than making demands.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university; and 2 years related experience and/or training.
- Microsoft Office products, Lotus Notes, and engineering related design software such as CAD.
- Ability to assume supervisory responsibilities at times while maintaining integrity.
- Willingness to be flexible and work extra hours at times based upon project-related needs.
- Strong sense of ethics and use of proper engineering practice.
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting and cost/revenue projections or be willing to learn.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret documents and drawings/prints/schematics, procedures, general business periodicals and professional journals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations on business-related subjects while emphasizing technical details.
- The ability to understand, explain and present complex issues to a diverse population.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of both tangible and intangible variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Decision Making/Reasoning/Analytical Skills.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 10%.
This position is not considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.