O.E.M. Remanufacturing Company Inc.
Number of Openings:
As an Engine Assembly Technician, you will be responsible for the assembly of engine finished goods. Major aspects include but are not limited to the high-quality assembly of progressive build engines in steps which would include short and long block assembly, coupling for 3524 engines, addition of jewelry, and 1X parts. This role is responsible for full cycle remanufacturing of standard rebuild engines relative to supplied instructions. Based on business needs the successful candidate in this role may start in various steps of the assembly technician progression.
- Demonstrated proficiency at the assembly of all stages of progressive built 3500 Series Engines and or C175 Series Engines. Please note full rebuild processes may vary across different organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency at the assembly of Sub-assembly components which would include but not limited to: Front & Rear Housings, Oil Pans, Oil Coolers, Filter Housings, Fuel Pumps, aftercooler and Fuel Filters. Please note full rebuild processes may vary across different organizations
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with heavy equipment engines (inspection, assembly, service bay or test) with at least 2 of those years in an Engine Assembly in a rebuild capacity
- HET Journeyperson ticket in which the HET ticket is recognized by the province of Alberta would be considered an asset. A copy of the certification will be required
- Competent in an assembly environment
- Understand proper torquing procedures
- Capable of operating basic service tools as well as all critical analog measuring devices including dial bore gauges and micrometers
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow work instructions
- An individual that has demonstrated the ability to train other Technicians
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner in all aspects of the organizations policies and procedures
- This posting is for a static weekend shift scheduled Fri, Sat, Sun - 12 hours per day
- The successful candidate may be required to complete training during a Mon - Thurs / Fri weekday shift and will move to weekends once they have sufficient experience
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- Applicants must apply with either an updated Professional Profile on Workday or attached resume to be considered
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
COMPANY: OEM REMANUFACTURING
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.