TEAM UP WITH US!
The Engine Technician III is responsible for providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and re-do metric.
- Work safely and follow all WCAT safety policies and procedures.
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web, STW) accurately and timely.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with ability to self-monitor work quality.
- Mastery level knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, lap tops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate quotes and pricing estimates to the customer.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments.
- Apply specific failure analysis and procedures in determining proper diagnosis
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to mentor Machine team members Five years of database and project management experience.
- Must be able to obtain or currently possess adequate tooling to perform duties
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Manufacturing software and Order processing systems.
- General knowledge of engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
- Must be certified in air-conditioning
- Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work, required overtime and on call.
- Clean driving record and ability to obtain CDL within 90 days of hire for field assignment.
- Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field vehicle.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 20%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic
Licenses & Certifications