Under the general supervision of the EPG & Industrial Sales Manager, strives to achieve departmental sales & profit goals through direct personal sales contact with customers on all diesel and spark ignited engines going into standby applications within assigned territory, assigned accounts, all diesel and spark ignited engines sold to contractors within assigned territory and sales to local contractors for projects outside the Company's assigned territory with the appropriate approval. Key responsibilities include visiting customers, working with project managers and assisting with engineering aspects of customer purchases in accordance with project specifications, bill of materials and drawing submittals. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for new project specification take offs services such as ConstructConnect and Pennsylvania Builders Exchange, reading project specifications and working up quotations. Provide technical support, product seminars and Caterpillar Certified Presentations via Seminars in a Box to provide CEU's the engineering community inside our territory. Utilize the Caterpillar Global Consultant Marketing Program while providing specification assistance to the engineering community electric power generation products outside of our territory.
- Sell Caterpillar Retail & Investor EPG Products and balance of plant equipment/services for the Standby Market.
- Review project specifications, select equipment to meet specification requirements, gather sub-vendor quotations for ancillary equipment and prepare quotations to meet specifications.
- Follow up on new leads, referrals and all quotations.
- Enter all specific sales information in the CSI sales database.
- Utilization of the company provided CRM database to help prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, win/loss, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Enter sales opportunity and win/loss data into company provide CSI & CRM databases.
- Prospecting and qualifying all phone inquiries.
- Stays involved in the entire sales process from start to finish ensuring the external and internal needs are met to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Prepare all required commercial contractual documents (Signed Quotation Offer to Sale, Terms & Conditions, Credit Application, Tax Exemption Form, Lien Request, etc.).
- Interface and assist the Prime Power Sales Representatives in selling standby products within a prime/co-gen project.
- Interface with project managers with respect to specific project requirements.
- Communicate new product, rental, service opportunities, special developments, or feedback gathered through sales activity to appropriate company staff.
- Review all technical information provided by the Project Managers, for the engineering and drawing submittal.
- Approve ordering the appropriate materials and assist project managers with scheduled staging & storage or delivery of equipment to project site.
- Assist in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by utilizing Caterpillar DPC supplied courses, attending educational workshops, and reviewing professional publications.
- Other duties as assigned to support the overall business.
- Must reside within your assigned sales territory.
- Must have a suitable vehicle for year around travel to customers and job sites in assigned territory.
- Prefer at least Three (3) years experience with EPG equipment sales in the construction/electrical industry.
- Must have good communication skills, proper business etiquette and attire.
- Good judgment and quick, comprehensive decision-making ability.
- Ability to multitask and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- PC familiarity and practical experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Four (4) year Business or Engineering degree preferred; or Five (5) + years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”