SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State’s culture is based on passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a “play to win” organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an organization.
JOB SUMMARY: The Yard Equipment Attendant is responsible for the organization, maintenance, and adherence to company procedures pertaining to yard safety and contamination controls. This position ensures client safety and site security by tracking machine inventory, shipping/receiving of machines, and extensive knowledge or ability to obtain operating certifications in various brands of equipment. They must have the ability to complete multiple tasks at the same time, be results oriented, and be able to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to complete Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) prior to any job-related tasks according to WSECO’s policy and standards.
- Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe environment for all WSECO employees.
- Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as identified in safety policy.
Equipment Inventory and Operation
- Completes logistics documentation for shipping and receiving equipment.
- Maintains and enters data inventory for accurate reporting on equipment availability.
- Steam cleans equipment making sure to keep steam-cleaning area clean and free of all debris.
Yard Appearance and Equipment Maintenance
- Maintains organization and appearance of the yard by properly staging and display of equipment and attachments in designated areas to ensure Caterpillar Retail Presence guidelines are met.
- Completes final check of all equipment leaving the yard to include proper load securement and safe transport of all equipment.
- May assist technicians with minor repairs or maintenance on returned machines.
Security and Client Safety
- Support, execute or oversee Contamination Control tasks as identified by Caterpillar standards.
- Inspects equipment upon customer return for damage, abuse, fuel levels and all attachments.
- Handles all public and internal inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Maintain consistent daily communication with the Yard Lead and Yard Operations Manager and to assist with immediate customer and business-related needs.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven customer service skills.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Consistent attendance and timeliness.
- Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of one-year operating or certification in construction equipment, preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months inventory and logistics preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.