· Plan, organize and facilitate jobs as assigned, including print reading and interpretation.
· Audit equipment for potential repairs.
· Trouble shoot jobs and equipment needed to complete jobs.
· Utilize knowledge of trigonometry, geometry and metric conversion to complete calculations encountered on different jobs.
· Create and facilitate projects to completion, including any related paperwork or service reports.
· Communicate plans and projects effectively to other employees, training them if necessary.
· Safely use rigging and lifting equipment.
· Travel to sites with overnight stays.
· Assist in special projects as needed.
· Answer telephone calls.
· Complete service reports and maintain records.
· Participate and occasionally lead safety meetings.
· Provide daily progress updates to supervisor and dispatchers.
· High school education or equivalent.
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the trade.
· Knowledgeable in various areas, including gearing, bearings, seals, bushings, and hydraulics.
· Able to effectively use stationary and portable boring equipment and machine tools as well as multiple other types of tooling to meet specific job needs.
· Understand and utilize tools for set up and layout work.
· Able to align gear cases and motors.
· Possess appropriate tools per the Machinist Tool List.
· Proficient in welding and cutting of all types.
· Proficient understanding of metallurgy and its application to machining.
· Able to heat treat parts and use Magnetic particle and die penetrant (N.D.T.).
· Proficient in testing the hardness of materials.
· Able to level and use Brunson equipment and balancing components.
· General understanding of mechanical assemblies.
· Technical schooling or on-the-job maintenance planning training.
· Prolonged walking, squatting, sitting, climbing, bending, stooping and standing, working at
· Exposed to extreme temperatures, dirt, mud, grease, dust, noise and other elements
· Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
· Use of all necessary personal protective equipment
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described and may be amended at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Employer. Wyoming Machinery Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”