• Leads the field service team to ensure an efficient, safe, and profitable operation
• Documents incoming calls and dispatch jobs to field service technicians
• Administers our Safety Program and promotes a culture of safety.
• Manages work in process to meet deadlines and efficient billing.
• Administers proper collecting procedures (Charge, COD, Cash).
• Documents incoming calls; dispatches call tickets.
• Ensures work orders are created with the proper segment order; ensures technician parts and labor are on the correct segments.
• Works with customers to define scope of work/repairs on their equipment.
• Creates accurate service estimates for customers prior to beginning work. Obtains permission from customer for the original work requested.
• Advises customers on course of action in repairs: communicates before, during, and after the repair.
• Reviews all customer jobs to ensure that all work requested is completed.
• Handles all incoming calls pertaining to scheduling of shop work, and information concerning customer inquiries for all shop related areas.
• Manages fast and accurate response to after-hours calls.
• Investigates and communicates warranty decisions to customers.
• Handles customer and employee grievances and complaints.
• Assists technicians on complex diagnostic and repair issues
• Manages technician productivity; assigns work orders and schedules workload.
• Coaches and mentors technicians, understands their goals and prepare them for the next step in their career.
• Ensures technicians are trained properly through Ziegler internal and web-based training.
• Completes fair and accurate yearly reviews with Technicians; Provides appropriate improvement recommendations.
• Monitors vehicle maintenance, inspections, and DOT requirements for field service vehicles
• Works closely with branch supervisors about issues involving customers, employees, equipment, etc.
• 2-year technical degree in diesel engines or equipment maintenance or related
• 5+ years of relevant diesel equipment repair experience
• 2+ years in a lead or supervisory position
• Previous experience with our equipment lines preferred, but not require
• Basic understanding of warranty issues
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment & possesses strong organizational skills
• Personal characteristics: planning/organization, customer focus, problem solving, even temperament, leadership, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Committed to serving our customers and developing a team with similar values
• Basic computer skills
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”