Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Field Service Dispatcher in Windsor CO.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Field Service Dispatcher is responsible for job control, changes, and scheduling for field-related repairs as required by customers and provides daily direction to technicians in determining, assigning and coordinating their work in a manner that reflects the company's vision of working as "One Professional Team."
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Maintains written record of communication to insure the customers are aware of scope of work to be performed
- Preorders parts and tooling as necessary
- Reviews problem work orders
- Initiates work order opening and assigns estimates value
- Updates work orders as the scope of the job changes
- Follows up with technicians on status of the assigned work order
- Provides communication to customer on schedules, warranty, etc.
- Provides communication to other cost centers for the purpose of scheduling component repairs and machine scheduling
- Communicates the new estimate to the customer via fax or e mail when the scope of work changes
- Prior to rework being completed, communicates with service manager the nature of the rework required
- Handles all incoming customer calls and inquiries pertaining to field service work
- Provides input to the Field Service Manager for truck and tool purchases
- Assists in identification and development of new market opportunities as they relate to Wagner Equipment Co.
- Serves as secondary contact for resident field servicemen
- Serves as initial contact for customers requiring field service repairs
- Adds segments to jobs as scope of job changes and changes job estimates at that time
- Establishes internal priority system for field manager to pick up workflow
- Communicates to the service clerk, information on problem jobs for resolution prior to invoicing (via the computer system or phone mail as a flagging system)
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Intermediate knowledge of DBS
- Assigns work orders to technicians as appropriate
- Provides input to the field service manager on employee performance and provides recommendations on employee appraisal and training needs
- Reports to the field manager any rework or non-productive activity on the part of technicians that occurs in the field operation
- Use of Hands
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing but may require occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years in a position requiring strong communication skills
- 3-5 years administrative/clerical experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Rate: Starting at $47,248.00 - $82,976.00 Annually
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.