Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
* Provides leadership to and exclusively manages and dispatches Fabick Field Service Technicians to complete service work.
Reviews customer requests for service to ascertain cause for service request, type of malfunction and customer address.
* Determines staff hours, number of personnel, and parts and equipment required for service call, utilizing knowledge of product, typical malfunctions, and service procedures and practices.
* Prepares schedules for service personnel, assigns personnel to routes or to specific repair and maintenance work according to workers' knowledge, experience, and repair capabilities on specific types of products.
* Arranges for transportation of machines and equipment to customer's location for repairs or from customer's location to shop for repairs that cannot be performed on premises.
* Keeps records of work hours and parts utilized and work performed for each service call.
* Requisitions replacement parts and supplies.
* Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
* Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
* Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
* Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
* Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
* Any and all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related business field is preferred.
* Two year technical degree with emphasis on diesel engine or earthmoving repair is preferred.
* 5 - 7 years of service experience in the heavy equipment industry is required, preferably as a technician.
* 5 years of supervisory experience, including employee hiring, employee retention, performance review and discipline, is required, preferably in the heavy equipment industry. Must have a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality is required.
* Strong computer skills in SISWeb, Parts Integrator, Dealer Business Systems, and Microsoft products is required.
* Solid understanding of applied failure analysis is a must along with problem analysis and resolution.
* Requires effective written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and must be a strong team player.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled