Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
* Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC equipment, chillers, heaters, air conditioning systems as well as diesel power generators and air compressors.
* Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
* Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
* Diagnose equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on company-owned machines as directed. Repairs are made on, but not limited to Caterpillar equipment.
* Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems; electronics, and engines.
* Preventative maintenance and general upkeep may be required.
Technicians may be asked to research repair needs and order parts as needed.
* Technicians will disassemble and assemble machine components to the manufacturer's specifications through the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling.
* Any and all other duties as assigned.
* Technical, vocational, or trade school education required or equivalent experience.
* Three plus years of commercial HVAC experience along with air conditioning units, chillers, heaters, and burner/boiler controls.
* Three plus years of diesel power generators and air compressors is a plus.
* EPA Certification is required.
* DOT Medical Certification is required. CDL license is preferred.
* Experience with Sullair and/or compressor equipment is a plus.
* Experience with Trane and York equipment is a plus.
Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills -- both oral and written, computer literacy, and above-average math, science, and English skills.
* Must have the ability to read and interpret machine schematics.
* Must be self-motivated and have knowledge of basic tools and tool usage.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and operate in a very fast pace environment. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, both hot and cold weather temperatures. Travel requirements are > 50%. Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Certification and maintain a CDL. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled