Did you know there is a shortage of skilled technicians in the United States? Individuals with the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment are among the most in demand in the workforce. Many of our most successful employees began their careers as Service Technicians. Our customers depend on our ability to fix it right the first time. Thompson Lift Truck Company is proud to represent the world's leading brands in material handling equipment. If you have what it takes to meet the high standards our customers have come to expect apply online today to join our team.
The Technician is responsible for performing jobs involving servicing and repair of equipment, working both independently and on a team. Examples of the types of machinery that the candidate must be able to evaluate and repair include internal combustion lift trucks, electric lift trucks, allied products, and diesel engines. Extensive on the job training, classroom instruction, and e-learning must be successfully completed to remain in the technician training program. The Technician will demonstrate initiative, commitment to team work, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. The Technician will advance in Classification as attitude, skill level, and job performance allows.
Essential Job Functions
• Plans and performs minor repairs using correct tools and procedures
• Orders and return parts for assigned jobs in timely manner
• Ability to perform the following tasks on basic components in work area including engine, hydraulic, transmission, and electrical components: remove and install; disassemble and reassemble; perform minor adjustments
• Ability to perform Preventive Maintenance service according to factory guidelines
• Demonstrates proper use of service information systems
• Works as helper in field service with experienced Technician as required
• Works independently in the field as required
• Must have a valid driver’s license to be eligible for hire
High School or Equivalent
Fork Lift Certification
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”