TEAM UP WITH US!
The Frac Shop Technician I is responsible for providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and re-do metric.
- Perform work in a shop setting.
- Work safely and follow all WCAT safety policies and procedures.
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web, STW) accurately and timely.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, clean and inspect assemblies on/ around frac trailers / industrial equipment with minimal supervision.
- Understand and apply CAT reusability guidelines.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical engine repairs and adjustments.
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments.
- Apply general failure analysis and procedures to determine proper diagnosis.
- Accurate and timely service reports and timecards daily.
- Perform engine and component rebuild and repairs with limited supervision.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- General knowledge of gas, diesel, electrical, electronic, mechanical, and components.
- Proficient use of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to provide accurate quotes
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate’s degree/certificate in diesel technology, or similar mechanical discipline (preferred).
- 1-3 years of experience as a diesel/automotive technician/mechanic OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated work experience and knowledge of diesel or gas engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
- Demonstrated work experience and general knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software, cranes, and rigging equipment.
- Current, valid driver’s license and the ability to meet and maintain all eligibility requirements to drive a company vehicle.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 10%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: mechanic, heavy equipment