The successful candidate will install machine guidance systems on various types of earthmoving and paving equipment in the field and at customer's facilities. The essential functions of this position include the following.
- Installation of system wiring harnesses and related sensors.
- Fabrication and installation of component mounts utilizing welding skills.
- Modify/install hydraulic valves and hoses.
- Configure machine guidance onboard software.
- Perform system updates and other software related tasks.
- Maintain accurate records of trip reports, data files, configuration files and expense reports.
Characteristics / Skills:
- A team player able to leverage resources through sound organizational skills and teamwork.
- Consultative problem solving - involves customer in problem solving by asking appropriate questions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently on projects in the field.
- Strong mechanical and educational aptitude to maintain and improve understanding of application and operation of all products.
- Experience with Trimble products desirable but not essential.
- Must be comfortable with learning new computer applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- Willing to travel, as required.
Education / Experience:
- Associate degree with one to two years work experience, or three to five years of work experience.
- Two-plus years technical or mechanical experience.
- Required to pass aptitude tests and to attend appropriate live and on-line training.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”