Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar mining products. Based out of our Finning Prince George location, technicians in the Integrated Mining Team (IMT) will work on specialized projects across BC and the Yukon to meet customers needs as required.
This position is based on a 14x14 continuous shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar mining equipment
- Perform a wide variety of equipment repair diagnostics
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous repair and troubleshooting experience with Caterpillar general line products would be considered an asset
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.