Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Shop Lead in Pueblo, CO. This position is a remote position dedicated to Cripple Creek and Victor Mine Site.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Shop Lead assists and develops technicians in all phases of troubleshooting and repair of equipment in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team” and serves as the main contact between the shop personnel and Technical Services Department concerning problems that arise during the repair of the equipment. The shop lead is also responsible for the leadership and development of technicians in their area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- As time allows, ensures work orders are complete, service reports are filled out correctly, and all parts are returned before the job is turned in
- Works with other shops in coordinating the repair of different components
- Helps ensure a safe and productive working environment in the shop
- Works closely with the Shop Manager and Service Writer to keep them updated on the status and problems of the equipment in the shop
- Works closely with the Service Writer in resolving all scheduling conflicts
- Ensures effective communication between customers and Service Writer
- Assists, supervises, and trains technicians in troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Where applicable, works closely with the Inspector on the reporting of the discrepancies between customer requested repairs and those found during incoming inspections
- Works with all shop personnel to ensure that the shop is kept clean, organized, safe, and is accountable for the safety of technicians in their responsible area
- Assists in estimating repairs or reconditions
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Intermediate knowledge of DMS and ET/SIS/SIS Web/STW
- Assists in the scheduling of the technicians
- When the need arises, fills in for the Shop Manager and/or Service Writer in her/his absence
- Provides information and feedback for performance reviews, and may participate in the actual review meetings
- Completes first drafts of technician reviews for management approval
- Noise: Loud
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Use of Hands
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 70 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years Mine Equipment required
- 3-5 years Mine haul truck experience required
- 5 years’ experience in the troubleshooting and repair of Caterpillar heavy equipment
- 3-5 years administrative/clerical experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: $26.30 - $47.25 per hour
Pay rate is dependent upon education and experience
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.