ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A POWERFUL IMPACT?
Power UP YOUR CAREER WITH LOUISIANA CAT
We are looking for a HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN - LOUISIANA CAT RENTALS to join our growing operations (Louisiana Cat Rents) at our Baton Rouge, Louisiana branch location.
The person in this role will be responsible for servicing and repairing Caterpillar and Non-Caterpillar rental heavy equipment in the shop or in the field
- You will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on all components of heavy rental equipment including engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, and electrical codes
- You will be responsible for removal and installation of rental equipment engine components according to Caterpillar & Non-Caterpillar standards and technical service manuals
- You will understand Caterpillar exchange parts process and financial cost analysis of repairs for our customers
- You will create, track, and formalize work order documents on our Caterpillar customer service report software systems
- You will promote positive customer service for Louisiana Cat Rental Stores according to Caterpillar and Louisiana Cat expectations
- You will have the tools and building blocks to MAKE A CAREER here at Louisiana Cat. In walk through our Louisiana Cat doors...are the finest Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Service Technicians in the South
MOST IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- REQUIRED: High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent
- REQUIRED: Prior technical training of heavy machinery / equipment
- REQUIRED: Strong mechanical aptitude; Maintain a tool inventory; Louisiana Cat offers employees a Tooling Purchasing Program
- HIGHLY PREFERRED: Prior experience with Rental Equipment is helpful
- SHIFT SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 7am - 5pm; may require working hours outside standard work schedule (specifics discussed during interviews)
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Requires physical movement, lifting, squatting, bending, climbin,g and working with mechanical rotating parts in the Louisiana climate
SAFETY IN ALL WE DO
- We requirement strict compliance with PPE (personal protective equipment) safety regulations
- We maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and Local safety and company regulations.
- All employees must follow all Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) procedures
- Louisiana Cat is a drug-free workplace
WHY PEOPLE JOIN LOUISIANA CAT
- We are known for service quality and unsurpassed customer relationships guided by our strong company values, culture, and safety standards
- We have energy, focus, and passion for delivering results because what we do impacts our customers each and every day
- We work across Construction, Electrical Power, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Equipment, Industrial, Landscaping, and Oil & Gas industries
- We invest in training and development programs for our employees to build their career paths here at Louisiana Cat
- We offer competitive pay, benefit rewards, employee incentive programs, and 401(k) company match programs to meet family and work lifestyles
- We are based out of Reserve, LA (Corporate HQ) & New Iberia, LA (Power Systems HQ)
WHO WE ARE
Louisiana CAT is the only authorized Caterpillar dealer in Louisiana. We ARE Where You ARE across 23 locations throughout Louisiana and the Gulf South. We provide Caterpillar Equipment, Service, and Parts to customers across a wide range of industries. We are guided by our strong company culture, safety standards, and activities in the communities in which we operate.
To BE The Best...We HIRE The Best. POWER UP and Click RED button "APPLY For This Position" on our Louisiana Cat Careers Page https://www.louisianacat.com/careers to be considered for open roles at Louisiana CAT and affiliate companies.
We seek out employees who are inspired by our timeless values, thrive in growing company environment, and want to become a part of a dynamic company backed up by 85+ years of success.
Louisiana CAT and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). M/F/D/V and we proudly hire U.S. Veterans.
Louisiana CAT uses E-Verify and complies with I-9 employment eligibility requirements of all new hires.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf