The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) position is a telephone sales position. The goal of the ISR is to re-establish, qualify, and maintain contact with small- to medium-sized construction division customers to increase sales of equipment and other company solutions to retail customers in his or her geographic region. To be successful, the ISR must strive to reach these customers at least four times per year via the telephone to transact product support and sales business over the phone, or "pull" customers in to the branch office to close business.
The ISR will focus on customers that are currently unassigned or underserved, and own less than 10 pieces of equipment. The customers assigned to an ISR are typically small construction, landscape, specialty trade and agriculture customers. Some customers do not have Caterpillar equipment, but they can still benefit from our suite of offerings, and may be prospects to own Cat machines in the future.
Details & Essential Functions:
- Account qualification and updating: ISRs will proactively manage an account base of up to but not limited to 800 accounts in an assigned region, focused on growing sales and rental of machines and attachments. ISRs will qualify accounts, update the customer's complete account information, and begin to help these customers develop relationships with key Cleveland Brothers personel.
- Maintain call cycle: ISRs will strive to maintain a minimum 90 calls per week. The ISR will also respond to the needs of "walk-in" retail customers.
- Promote Dealership services: ISRs will promote all aspects of the Dealership by selling machines, attachments, rentals, as well as promoting our parts, service, labor, Customer Support Agreements, etc. to assigned customers and prospects.
- Sales and customer satisfaction: Through the needs analysis process, ISRs will determine individual customer's needs and provide solutions to meet them.
- Relationship building: The ISR is the primary contact from the Dealer to these customers. The ISR's ability to develop a strong positive relationship with his/her customers and fellow employees is critical to his/her success.
- Teamwork: ISRs will partner with Field Sales Representatives to schedule and conduct off-site demos and other necessary field sales functions. Where applicable, ISRs will develop and qualify equipment and/or parts and service leads for larger equipment and forward them to the outside sales organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales skills necessary to sell a premium priced product.
- Ability to develop and maintain product knowledge of Caterpillar and Cleveland Brothers solutions.
- Proven competence in personal disciplines, relationship skills, strategic selling, and tactical selling.
- Ability to assess customer needs and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, approach work from a solutions based focus, and develop creative solutions to complex issues.
- Proven competence in oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or other comparable systems required.
- Must be a self-starter.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or marketing, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year industry related experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year retail sales or other sales experience required.
- Acceptable driving record and valid driver's license required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”