Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
* Primary responsibility of the lead technician is to fulfill supervisory roles while working as a technician in a service shop. Provide on the spot guidance to fellow technicians with respect to diagnosing earthmoving equipment repair needs, work-related issues and help correct job-skill deficiencies. Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities.
* Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
* Diagnose earthmoving equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on customer owned machines as directed.
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair. Also includes preventive maintenance and general machine upkeep.
* Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is expected. Occasional operation of equipment in the determination of repair need or repair assessment may occur.
* Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer's specifications though the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling provided by Fabick. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
* Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
* Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
* Any and all duties as assigned
* High school education or GED equivalent required. Technical, vocational, or trade school education is also required.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in diagnosing equipment utilizing laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is expected.
* Five plus years experience working with and repairing earthmoving equipment.
* One to Two years group leadership experience preferred.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair engine, hydraulic and electrical systems along with brakes, clutches, etc.
* Ability to operate in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking while maintaining a high level of organization.
* Proficiency with computers and aspects of Microsoft office desired.
* Must demonstrate good problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills -- both oral and written, good work habits, above average math, science, and English skills, the ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self-motivation and a desire to perform at one's highest level.
* MSHA certified, or the ability to be MSHA certified required.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions. The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled