Machine Delivery Specialist I - Fargo
Butler Machinery is looking for a Machine Delivery Specialist, someone who likes being on the road but also appreciates the opportunity to spend time at home. Our ideal candidate enjoys working with customers, is mechanical minded, and is knowledgeable about light construction equipment as well as the ag industry. If you are an over the road truck driver looking for a change, or somebody who feels like this is just what they have been looking for, apply today!
Butler Machinery is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for North Dakota and South Dakota with 15 locations in North and South Dakota. Butler Ag Equipment has 4 locations in Nebraska and 1 location in Montana. Butler offers Caterpillar products and services to support the construction and Ag industry and is proud to represent many manufacturers including: FENDT, AGCO, Drago, Challenger, Horsch, Killbros, Balzer and more. Butler Machinery is a family-owned company offering great wages and a fantastic benefit package.
We have a generous pension plan with 10% guaranteed and up to 5% discretionary provided by the company annually once eligibility is met with no minimum required contributions out of your pocket. You travel to Butler locations via the company private airplane for such things as training, meetings and customer events.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Report all unsafe situations or service related issues to Manager or Dispatch immediately.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by company or directed by Dispatcher or Manager.
- Works closely with Dispatcher or Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Dispatcher or Manager immediately of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including equipment not starting, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests or concerns to Dispatch or Manager.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes all documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs
- Hauling or towing equipment between customers and stores.
- Loading and unloading equipment.
- Filling out paperwork.
- Dealing with customers as needed.
- Securing loads on trailers.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 years of driving and heavy haul experience preferred
- Must have a Class A CDL and must possess a medical card
- Able to lift 75 pounds with the ability to pull/carry chains, binders or straps over adverse conditions
- Ability to work and drive in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work under pressure (heavy traffic, loading and offloading Heavy & Ag equipment safely and consistent with terminal and company rules and requirements; frequent change orders etc.).
- Must be able to push and sometimes pull heavy boards or blocking to support equipment. Requires traversing uneven and sometimes icy surfaces while pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving chains, binders, and boards or blocking; requires dexterity to grasp and hold end of chains, binders & straps.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders (frequent climbing to top of trailers and in and out of truck, and Heavy & Ag equipment being loaded or unloaded.
- Ability to sit for a minimum of two hours for driving.
- Physically capable of heavy lifting, loading and unloading heavy & ag equipment, bending, squatting, climbing onto the top of the trailer& equipment, pulling/carrying chains, binders, boards, blocking, dunnage & straps weighing 75lbs or more.
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 20 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Nebraska. If you desire to start your career with our team, here are some things we offer within our full benefits package:
- Health Insurance – 3 plan options including 2 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(K) Plan
- 10% Annual Retirement Employer Contribution, with Additional 5% Discretionary Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products