TEAM UP WITH US!
The Machine Field Technician I is responsible for providing high quality repair service on equipment, in order to respond to customer needs in a positive, caring and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and re-do metric.
· Complete related paperwork and access databases required to complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web, STW) accurately and timely.
· Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
· Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
· Provide accurate information to management for quoting
· Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments.
· Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments.
· Apply general failure analysis and procedures to determine proper diagnosis.
· Mentor Machine team members.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· General knowledge of engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
· General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
· Ability to provide accurate information to management for quoting.
· Must be able to obtain or currently posses’ adequate tooling to perform duties Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence.
· Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Manufacturing software and Order processing systems.
· Must be at least 21 years old to complete required assessments.
WHY WORK WITH US?
· We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
· We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
· Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 20%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, diesel mechanic
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”