TEAM UP WITH US!
The Machine Service Equipment Inspector is responsible for supporting service management and service sales staff with inspections, quoting, and customer management by performing the following duties:
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Performs pre-service inspections on all Customer and Warren CAT owned machines arriving at Warren CAT locations for service and repairs
- Performs post service inspections on all Customer and Warren CAT owned machines after service and repairs have been performed
- Performs pre and post service operational tests on Customer and Warren CAT owned machines being service and repaired.
- Properly documents all pre and post repair inspections on the correct forms and in the proper systems.
- Effectively communicates inspection findings to the Machine Service Management Team and/or Service Technicians.
- Assists in repair/maintenance research and quote preparation based on inspection results.
- Occasionally assists the service management team with training new employees on the safe operation and inspection process of CAT and allied equipment.
- Occasionally assists Product Support Sales Reps in creation of repair estimates based on inspection findings
- Other duties may be assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Should have a solid understanding of CAT equipment from the mechanical and operational view point.
- Should have 10-15 years of CAT equipment experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic Computer skills needed. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Good typing skills required.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass Work Steps.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with knowledge of general machine operation.
- Ability to operate, to a limited degree, all of the products that we sell.
- Ability to recognize machine problems and failures on the products that they inspect for trade and purchase, including power train knowledge, structural knowledge, the ability to measure undercarriage, etc.
- Highly proficient in machine and engine maintenance with complete understanding of CAT equipment.
- Significant mechanical aptitude.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 10%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.