The Machinist is responsible for (under minimal supervision) setting up and operating manually controlled machines; skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment.
· Reads and interprets blueprints
· Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
· Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
· Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites.
· Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
· Recognizes, deploys and uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
· Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
· Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
· Ability to track parts and jobs into the vantage system.
· Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures.
· Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
· High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years machinist experience preferred
· Commitment to safe, quality workmanship
· Ability to accept and apply instructions in various formats
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and may also experience frequent bending, reaching and lifting of objects weighing up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs. Employee will perform tasks while experiencing numerous interruptions. Hours are normally first shift, but weekend, holiday and evening work may be required according to your department's needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Required travel up to 10%.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”