Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Director of Equipment Supply Chain, the Manager, Attachment Inventory & NEP Planning will play a key role to provide strategic forward-looking (short and long term) direction for Attachment and NEP planning as it relates to New Equipment S&OP. You will work collaboratively with various internal department staff, processes, and outsourced resources to understand the issues, determine root causes, implement solutions, and ensure the change is sustained.
The ideal candidate brings a minimum 5 years of related working experience in supply chain planning and operations including Sales & Operations Planning, inventory management and procurement operations. You are known to be continuously driving improvements.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader who can work with various teams within Finning and Caterpillar to lead the Sales and Operations Planning process for all of the products we purchase for re-sale—including new and used equipment, engines, parts, attachments and remanufactured components.
If this role is in line with your expertise, we want to hear from you today!
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to major supply chain improvement initiatives aimed at improving Finning’s financial and operational performance
- Lead cross-functional teams and drive collaboration between Caterpillar, Finning Business Units and attachment team members to drive right behaviors and measurable results in reasonable amount of time as per Supply Chain Strategy
- Coach and mentor future leaders by driving accountability, commitment and ownership to surpass stakeholder expectations; develop succession plans
- Provide timely and proactive updates to executive leadership on all fronts including major supply chain improvement initiatives
Supply Chain Planning Forecast: 25%
- Understand Finning’s business plan/requirements for attachments and align Sales & Operations Planning (forecasting), inventory management and procurement operations to meet the goals; scope also includes non-CAT attachments, NPI
- Identify and resolve strategy, process, people and technology gaps that affect supply chain planning and execution: Sales & Operations Planning (forecasting), inventory management and procurement operations
- Identify and lead implementation of on-going strategic supply chain initiatives and tactics to ensure availability of right attachments at right time/cost at right locations
- Identify and lead implementation of changes to Lawson MRP to ensure right breadth and depth of inventory
- Pro-actively manage the high volume and unforgivable attachments to ensure their availability and velocity to customers while reducing the expediting costs
- Assess and develop business case for required tools, solutions and technologies that may help improve the performance of Equipment supply chain (attachments)
- Identify issues and direct supervisors to ensure timely resolution by working collaboratively with other functions and business units including Warehousing and Distribution, Transportation and Logistics, Data Management, Contracts Management, Information Technology, Finance & Accounting, Marketing & Sales, Legal, Facilities, Service Operations, Regional Operations
- Establish dashboard to measure attachments performance within equipment supply chain at corporate and branch level as it relates to fill rate and inventory turns
Department/Team Management: 20%
- Manage and assign right resources to strategic (long-term) and operational (day-to-day) projects to deliver expected outcome, delegate day-to-day and non-strategic activities to supervisors
- Set clear accountabilities, expectations and challenging yet attainable goals for supervisors/teams while helping the team through change as a change agent
- Identify and resolve gaps as it relates to team structure, staff, skills and working style by continuously assessing existing resources and future requirements
- Establish regular update meetings with direct and indirect reports to monitor performance, results and provide timely feedback; Identify performance drivers and limitations
Stakeholder Management (vendors, customers, branches): 15%
- Develop and manage strong relationships with Caterpillar stakeholders, other vendors and branches
- Conduct surveys or meetings with Finning business units/branches and key customers within Forestry and Construction industry to understand their concerns and feedback for Equipment supply chain (attachments); take corrective actions and steps while closing the loop
- Drive compliance and enforcement across branches and suppliers through effective use of policies and procedures, relationships, and management techniques
Business and Financial Planning: 10%
- Understand requirements and provide input to business and financial/budget planning
- Manage inventory and financials for branches as it relates to attachments
- Responsible for driving compliance/enforcement as per Finning’s corporate or department policies and procedures
- Relevant post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or Business
- Minimum 5 years of related working experience in supply chain planning and operations including Sales & Operations Planning, inventory management and procurement operations; Additional experience or exposure to Transportation and Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution, Contracts Management, Sourcing and Category Management, Master Data Management would be an asset
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience managing/supervising direct reports
- Knowledge of various programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Strategic thinker that is driven and able to multitask in a fast paced and demanding environment with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of various project management methodologies including business improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma)
- Thorough knowledge of forecasting, inventory planning and related financial processes is a prerequisite for this position.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.