ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A POWERFUL IMPACT?
Power UP YOUR CAREER WITH LOUISIANA CAT
We are searching for a MARINE DIESEL SERVICE TECHNICIAN to join our growing operations at our Morgan CIty, Louisiana location.
The person in this role will be responsible service and repairs of marine engines & generators.
- Diagnose, inspect, disassemble, assemble, install, and repair Caterpillar power systems equipment and engine components
- Prepare company and customer inspection appraisals reports and order replacement parts
- Prepare, inspect, operate marine engines & generators to meet customer expectations
- You will provide excellent mechanical troubleshooting & diagnostic assessments to help deliver best-in-class gas engine service repairs for our customers
- You will analyze, troubleshoot, test and verify adjustments of marine engine & generator components to determine reusability in accordance to Caterpillar guidelines
- You will have the tools and building blocks to MAKE A CAREER here at Louisiana Cat. In walk through our Louisiana Cat doors...are the finest Service Technicians in the South.
MOST IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- REQUIRED: Technical training of marine engines
- REQUIRED: Valid U.S. Driver's license with clean Motor Vehicle Record; Transportation Worker ID Card (TWIC) preferred. Water Survival Training preferred.
- HIGHLY PREFERRED: Prior experience with Caterpillar engines; MSHA certification is helpful
- Must own required tool inventory. Louisiana Cat offers exclusive Tooling Program (specific discussed during interviews)
- Strong customer service skills, mechanical aptitude, professional demeanor and always "safety-first" mentality every hour of every day
- SHIFT SCHEDULE: 50+ hour shift schedule; may require working hours outside standard work schedule for customer emergency calls (specifics discussed during interview)
- TRAVEL: Frequent travel to customer sites with overnight stays including international travel (specifics discussed during interview)
- Requires physical movement, lifting, rotation & compliance with OSHA, HAZMAT, MSHA safety regulations as required by job description
SAFETY IN ALL WE DO
- We require strict compliance with PPE (personal protective equipment) safety regulations
- We maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local safety and company regulations
- All employees must follow all Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) procedures
- Louisiana Cat is a drug-free workplace
WHY PEOPLE JOIN LOUISIANA CAT
- We are known for service quality and unsurpassed customer relationships guided by our strong company values, culture and safety standards
- We have energy, focus and passion delivering results because what we do impacts our customers each and every day
- We work across Construction, Electrical Power, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Equipment, Industrial, Landscaping, Marine Engines and Oil & Gas industries
- We invest in training and development programs for our employees to build their toolkit and career paths here at Louisiana CAT
- We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid holidays and vacation, employee incentive programs and 401(k) company match programs to meet family and work lifestyles
WHO WE ARE
Louisiana CAT is the only authorized Caterpillar Dealer for the state of Louisiana. We provide Caterpillar Equipment, Service, Parts and Engines to customers across a wide range of industries. We are guided by our strong company culture, safety standards and activities in the communities in which we operate. We seek out employees who are inspired by our timeless values, thrive in growing company environment and want to become a part of a dynamic company backed by 85+ years of success. We have 23 locations across Louisiana and the Gulf South with Corporate HQ located in Reserve, LA and Power Systems HQ located in New Iberia, LA.
To BE The Best...We HIRE The Best. POWER UP and Click RED button "APPLY For This Position" on our Louisiana CAT Careers Page https://www.louisianacat.com/careers to be considered for open roles at Louisiana CAT and affiliate companies. #LouisianaCATCareers #NowHiring #HiringOurHeroes #HiringTheBest
Louisiana CAT (Louisiana Machinery Co, LLC) and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). M/F/D/V and we proudly hire U.S. Veterans.
Louisiana CAT (Louisiana Machinery Co., LLC) uses E-Verify and complies with I-9 employment eligibility requirements of all new hires. Click here for your rights - https://www.e-verify.gov/employees
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO Law Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf