Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Mechanic Level 2 in Commerce City, CO.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
A Mechanic Level 2 is responsible for removing and replacing repairable sub-assemblies and evaluates damaged and worn parts to determine reusability in rebuild, planning assigned repair jobs and using the work order system effectively and in a manner that reflect the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.” Level 2 Mechanics also creates “4C” warranty explanations and mentors Level I mechanics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Understands the work order system and helps others learn to use this system
- Accurately prepares service reports
- Documents the 4 C’s (Complaint, Cause, Correction, Complication) on work orders
- Promotes a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- Applies 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Sweep, Standardize and Sustain) principles following every job
- Works effectively with others in the shop and helps build a strong teamwork environment. Assisting with the mentoring of Level I mechanics can help promote this desired work team
- Engages in required safety practices at all times
- Reads and understands the manufacturers’ Operation and Maintenance Manual per machine type and complies with its contents
- Ensures all operating controls and functions are in compliance with Manufacturers’ specifications
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components
- Inspects machines returned from rental for customer damage and notifies the Shop Coordinator regarding any specific damage that was found
- Diagnoses system failures to determine root cause
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, repairs, and installs components and parts as needed
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with reusability guidelines
- Orders replacement parts
- Services and maintains equipment sold by company
- Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components within tolerances of manufacturer’s specifications
- Attends training as requested
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies, and systems
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Understanding of diagrams and schematics
- Intermediate diagnostic aptitude
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Wynne, and ET/SIS/SIS Web/STW
- Basic knowledge of Windows/Internet
- Noise: Moderate
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Specific Risks: Works with moving, mechanical parts; may work in high places and be exposed to equipment vibration and fumes
- Use of Hands
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 70 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from a technical school with emphasis on diesel engine preferred
- 3 years heavy equipment, engine, or mechanic repair experience
- 3-5 years administrative/clerical experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Rate: Starting at $18.54 per hour
Pay rate is dependent on education and experience
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.