· Communicate with WMC employees and customers about all aspects of a project, as needed.
· Develop a project schedule in accordance with WMC and the customers’ expectations.
· Review of Customer’s specification and allocated requirements by reviewing design drawings, submittals, calculations, component integration and job site details for technical accuracy and completeness.
· Participate in meetings throughout the life of assigned projects.
· Plan, conceptualize and create mechanical designs for new products/business opportunities.
· Plan, conceptualize and create mechanical designs for customer repair and modification/business opportunities.
· Generate necessary drawings using AutoCAD and/or Solid Works.
· Keep track of all information regarding projects using the required software and report progress to supervisor on an established regular basis.
· Travel to sites and varying schedule, as necessary.
· Conduct field machine audits.
· Perform FARO laser machining setup and audits as required.
· Adhere to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, work execution, safety and MSHA regulation in performing assigned duties.
· Knowledge of removal and repair of components of large mining equipment.
· Participate in project, repair and modification quoting activity.
· Initiate and conduct process improvement dialogue.
· Involved in safety, project documentation, inspection report generation and customer interaction with ongoing projects.
· Minimum of one-year experience in a Mechanical Engineer role.
· Some technical knowledge in the heavy equipment manufacturing industry.
· Exposed to dirt, grease, dust, noise, chemicals, paints and other elements.
· Exposed to extreme temperatures.
· Prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, etc.
· Using hands for fine manipulation.
· Walking up and down stairs.
· Use of all necessary personal protective equipment.
· Working in elevated position.
· Climbing on machines.
· Capability to see, hear and feel machine condition indicators.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described and may be amended at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Employer. Wyoming Machinery Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”