Definition: In accordance with management directives, this position will be responsible for selling Cat and non-Cat parts, dealer services, and product support solutions for Trucking Customers in the Western Counties of Pennsylvania.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply good time and territory management practices while implementing a coverage plan.
- Perform basic inspections to generate opportunity for customer interaction and sales.
- Prospect for new customers and new parts/service revenue sources.
- Follow up on sales leads.
- Build collaborative relationships and ensure business integrity is maintained.
- Sell parts, service, PM products, customer support agreements (CSAs) and Extended Service Contracts (ESCs) within assigned territory.
- Identify and report on incremental opportunities for future sales both within product support as well as other areas of the dealership.
- Report competitive parts, service, and equipment information and activity.
- Provide input/information into planning and budgeting process.
- Understand parts, service, and machine performance literature and how to use the Service Information System.
- Prepare quotes, sales contracts, and related paperwork necessary to close a deal.
- Work closely with all members of Service and Sales Management.
- Support the Truck Division's vision and revenue goals for the organization, including but not limited to quoting and selling engine overhauls, truck repairs and assembly, full truck service, aftermarket parts, and customer support and follow up for new truck sales customers.
- Fully utilize the CRM tool used by the company.
Education / Experience:
- College or technical degree preferred, however, at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Four to five years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, electrical schematics, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volumes.
- Computer Skills Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, internet software, and DBSi.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the United States, you can also text “dealertechjobs” to 97211.
Anywhere in the world you can search for jobs on your local Cat dealer website. Click “Find Dealer”