Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
The RS Rental Specialist works under the supervision of the Sales Manager and is responsible for the following: Coverage of an assigned territory and or customers for specific equipment and attachment rentals and sales; maintains familiarity with customers' operations and business requirements; attains a satisfactory rental and sales volume for the different products the he/she is responsible for at an acceptable profit level; provides feedback to other customer contact departments within the company; works cooperatively with fellow employees to provide customers solutions and an industry leading customer experience; attends meetings and conventions as assigned; reports sales data and maintains accurate records through the use of company provided technology; performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
* Responsible for rental coverage of an assigned territory and or customers. Provides adequate coverage of assigned territory and or customers for the specific equipment and attachment rentals and sales that he/she is responsible for through regular contact including office and jobsite visits, telephone contact, direct mail, and other appropriate means in a structured and timely manner. Works closely with customers to assist them with proper equipment solutions, providing professional advice when requested. Consults with the Sales Manager on the management of each account. Arranges own travel plans.
* Maintains familiarity with customers' operations and requirements. Maintains a strong knowledge of the markets that our customers serve with focus on general construction, landscape contractors, residential and commercial construction, industrial sites, and manufacturing. Is aware of general market conditions. Keeps abreast of product updates for products that he/she represents along with competitors products. Keeps Sales Manager informed as to changes in the market.
* Attains a satisfactory rental and sales volume and profit. Achieves steady growthand increases rental and sales volume across all products and services in their portfolio consistent with profit objectives and company goals.
* Provides feedback to other customer contact departments within the companies. Informs appropriate managers of all customer comments related to their departments and lends assistance where appropriate. Works closely with the Credit department in order to assure current and correct account status. Participates in the collection of overdue accounts.
* Works cooperatively with fellow employees. Works closely with other customer contact people within his/her territory along with Rental Counter personnel, supporting their efforts, and presenting a consistent, unified message to our customers. The RS Rental Specialist has the responsibility to promote "The Whole Store" in order to provide customers with value added solutions and an industry leading customer experience.
* Attends meetings and conventions as assigned. Attends company, customer, and association events as assigned by the Sales Manager.
* Reports rental/sales data and maintains accurate records through the use of company provided technology. Data collection and reporting is an integral and important part of the Rental Specialist's responsibilities. Must become proficient in the use of the company provided CRM. Documents customer information, ownership files, customer activity, lost and successful rentals/sales, and other reports as requested by the Sales Manager. Reports must be timely and accurate.
* Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
* To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the personal and professional qualities that are expected of a leader in the industry.
* Must have experience in dealing with a fast paced, transactional style of business in varied markets.
* A strong mechanical aptitude is required. Knowledge of construction and aerial equipment is a plus.
* There must be a solid understanding of marketing and sales psychology as well as mathematical and computer capabilities.
* The individual must be able to work under deadlines, have the ability to communicate and negotiate with experienced customers and be able to handle the pressure that is associated with all situations.
* The ability to learn quickly and to function independently are attributes that will help the individual to succeed.
* Post secondary education in business or a related discipline and or 3 plus years of related work experience or training is preferred.
* Background in construction or aerial equipment sales or rental is a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
* Valid driver's license is required.
* The individual must be willing to travel within an assigned territory and work irregular hours as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor elements, uneven terrain, moving machinery, and mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled