Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Parts and Service Clerk in Windsor, CO.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Parts and Service Clerk performs clerical/administrative functions in support of Field Service personnel in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.”
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Prepares and enters orders
- Enters hose rebuild information as required
- Approves invoices as required
- Expedites back orders from Caterpillar as required
- Prepares miscellaneous reports and graphs as required
- Assists in the distribution of computer generated reports and all daily mail
- Files discrepancy claims with all vendors and insures accurate claim settlements
- Prepares Caterpillar and management reports
- Provides back-up support for answering Parts Department phones, forwarding the phone to the proper person, or entering a Parts order for the customer
- Provides general clerical and staff support for Parts Management and Service Manager as required
- Opens, tracks, and inputs data to work orders
- Maintains work order fields, including detailed maintenance of notes, parts, labor, etc.
- Maintains records, logs, and files
- Documents approval/disapproval of repairs
- Enters, reconciles, and pays bills, including P-card and cash expenses
- Creates, checks, and mails invoices and reports
- Reviews work in progress reports to assure jobs are open no longer than needed
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Provides back-up for various inventory control procedures
- Provides back-up support for other parts department functions
- Receives customer calls and walk in customers, obtaining all pertinent information needed to assist
- Verifies stock tags
- Assists novelty customers, where required
- Assists with vendor returns
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Use of Hands
- Ability to kneel or squat
- Ability to push or pull up to 50 pounds
- Medium work that requires lifting and/or moving up to 47 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in a Parts Department preferred
- 1-3 years administrative/clerical experience
- 1-3 years customer service experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: $14.94 - $25.20 per hour
Pay rate is dependent on education and experience.
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.