TEAM UP WITH US!
The Petroleum Sales Rep is responsible for selling WCAT Petroleum products/equipment/engines for manufacturer or distributor to Petroleum end users and OEMS by performing the following duties.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Works with other internal departments.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Attends trade shows.
- Other duties may be assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, maintains confidentiality; Listens to others, remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Moderate computer skills. Familiar with web navigation, experience working with databases.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 30%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.