Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for a Product Support Sales Representative in Pueblo, CO.
A career with Wagner Equipment Co. offers growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Product Support Sales Representative (PSSR) is a key figure in helping to keep the customer’s equipment healthy and productive by selling Caterpillar parts, preventative maintenance, and repair within a designated territory. The PSSR helps develop marketing plans for this segment of Wagner’s business so that increased sales and profits may be realized. The primary functions of this position are to develop and offer the lowest possible operating cost to customers, minimize customer downtime, and promote all applicable products offered by Wagner Equipment Co.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Maintain accurate profiles for assigned customers, Influencers, equipment list, lost sales report, leads, opportunities, and bids
- Submits call list and expense reports in a timely manner
- Coordinates service repairs and parts deliveries
- Creates and maintains profiles on all major parts and service competitors
- Works cooperatively with Parts and Service Managers to meet the needs of the customers
- Meets and responds to the needs/requests of customers in a professional and timely manner
- Makes office and on-site sales calls to customer’s locations, exhibiting strong communication skills
- Uses effective communications skills with personnel in other departments and in the field
- Effective interpersonal skills when making presentations, answering phone calls, sending emails, coaching others, etc.
- Promotes all available programs offered by Wagner/Caterpillar as appropriate to the customer’s needs
- Makes regular calls on customers to promote all available products offered by Wagner Equipment
- Prospects for new users and applications for company products
- Provides Parts and Service estimates to the customer
- Sales and renewals of Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Sales of Extended Service Coverages (ESC)
- Maintains an awareness of competition
- Ability to explain and sell CAT Connect and CAT Digital solutions. This includes ProductLink hardware, MyRam, Remote Fleet Vision, myCAT.com, parts.cat.com, and other CAT Digital Solutions as appropriate.
- Applies working knowledge of Caterpillar systems to include basic mechanical and electrical systems
- Recommends all service options (exchange vs. rebuild) to fulfill specific situations or customer needs
- Conducts periodic basic equipment inspections to recognize parts and service opportunities to better serve and support the customer’s needs
- Adherence to and encouragement of the company values, and other company policies and guidelines
- Operates company vehicles in a safe, courteous, and professional manner at all times
- Data Entry
- Telephone Skills
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Use of Hands
- Medium work that includes lifting and/or moving object up to 50 Ibs or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1-3 Year’s administrative/Clerical experience
- 1-3 Year’s supervisor/management experience
- 3-5 Year’s customer service experience
- 3-5 Year’s sales experience
- 3-5 Year’s technical or mechanical experience
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Comprehension of Caterpillar warranty programs and coverages
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Work, Excel, and Outlook
- Intermediate knowledge of DMS and ET/SIS/SIS Web/STW
- Advanced knowledge of CRM/Sales Link
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings
Pay Range: Base Salary + Commission
Employee Benefits: Wagner Equipment Co. provides the following benefits to all full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.