O.E.M. Remanufacturing Company Inc.
Number of Openings:
The Production Manager is responsible for the day to day departmental production operations as well as the weekly/monthly area performance including Safety, Quality, and Production (Velocity & Cost). In this position, you will support OEM’s strategy of building high quality components by relying on strong processes and detailed documentation to improve quality, repeatability and consistency. You will also ensure execution, by their area team across multiple shifts, for the strategy and department goals provided.
If you thrive in high-paced roles which require the ability to improve process while simultaneously managing acute deficiencies under demanding accountabilities, this may be the challenge you’ve been seeking. Come be a part of our team at OEM Remanufacturing!
- Oversee Safety, Quality, and Production (Velocity & Cost) for the department(s); provide leadership and supervision, coordinate shifts (3 shift rotation), and manage the human resources for the department
- Ensure safety policies and operating practices are implemented, identify deficiencies and take corrective action as necessary
- Proactively look for lean and continuous improvement opportunities that further corporate strategy
- Problem solve process, quality, and production issues, creating interim and long-term standard process to find root cause and resolve issues fully
- Ensure communication among the shifts is seamless and standardized including a set of weekly / bi-weekly toolbox meetings which include safety topics, corporate messages, and procedural updates, etc.
- Develop business cases for capital & operational expenditures for departmental projects
- Execution of the weekly Production Plan, including labour load leveling, overtime management and variance tracking
- Weekly production and quality variance analysis, and improvement recommendations
- Provide direct cost oversight (e.g. labour utilization, overtime, consumables and material overages)
- Review all warranty reports, Corrective Action Reporting (CAR’s) and Non-Conformance Reporting (NCR’s) generated against the department area and delegate investigations to Team Leaders or others as necessary. Initiate department CARs where appropriate and participate/lead in development and implementation of corrective actions
- Ensure assignment and completion of scheduled daily and preventative maintenance responsibilities
- Conduct regular 5S and contamination control, process, and quality audits
- 5+ years of operational management experience with demonstrable results
- Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Engineering education or experience
- Demonstrated process improvement experience with an understanding of Lean principles
- Familiar with ISO Quality Assurance Program
- The ability to interact with various levels within the organization, conduct interviews with subject matter experts, and analyze information to understand the product and procedures
- Above average process analysis and change management skills
- Above average communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Please include cover letter with your application
- Applicants must apply with either an updated Professional Profile on Workday or attached resume to be considered for pre-screening.
COMPANY: OEM REMANUFACTURING
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.