The Project Estimator will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Support the Sales Engineers as well as the customers by providing technical information, schematics and wiring diagrams. Respond to customer proposal and assist Sales team with requests for Electrical Power Generation equipment.
- Develop Plan Room leads, perform project takeoffs, source 3rd party estimates, technical information support, and project cost estimating.
- Research Plan Rooms to obtain specifications and active projects that include generators, transfer switches, and uninterruptable power supplies for the standby power market.
- Review plans, drawings and specifications to determine best product solution.
- Analyze engineering specifications to quote equipment that will meet the project specifications.
- Develop customer quote by utilizing Customer Solutions Quoter (CSQ) based on specification documents by employing value engineering methods.
- Research market to develop a contractor bidders list on each project to ensure all interested contractors receive a proposal.
- Provide materials and literature to support promotional efforts; coordinate and participate in facility visits and trade shows; keep customers informed of new products and changes.
- Seek out, identify and promote cost improvements.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) and with 3-5 years project estimator experience in related field or industry. Experience in a Caterpillar Dealership is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, detail oriented with solid time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and all levels of the organization.
- Maintain the Power Systems Industry Representative credential via Dealer Performance Center.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes salary, health benefits, vacation, sick leave, life insurance, 401(k) with profit sharing and company match. Apply at www.ncpowersystems.com.
Harnish Group Inc. and Member Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Works well as a member of a group
Considered a thought leader on a subject
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization